Monday, September 21, 2009

The hell bird's song

Have you heard the hell bird's song?
You can, see it, hear it like an echo;
the high pitched shrill and the low wails,
its sight like a spiralling phoenix.

Its really a bird ain't it ?
Just a harmless little thing perhaps
whose deep shrill could cut through
so the mucky blood oozes out?

The hell bird flies over us now
low, and high in its cry;
Its a bitter blue moan.
and the sap drains from the skin.

oh tell me tell me, what does it mean to say?

I think its calling, calling to us
mortals- our foolishness overwhelming
and it is helping, helping to condemn
mortal, earthly, absurd passion.

Brutal, empathising, mothering, the bird dances
through psyches. A wild dance.
It is the hell bird's dance, dancing
with desperation, and the limbs slowly crack.

Please tell me, what does it say?

It is a riddle, too complex to break.
For those already rooted in desire
what does it hold? nothing I suppose
and the hell bird sings..

Tell me before I crumble
into earth... It is painful,
tell me.I am a broken mortal. Stop me,
before I am neatly sucked into bareness.

No comments: