Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Delirium-1

This is going to be long.
Long enough for a battle;
grisly and gruesome
with sanity splattering
everywhere.

I have travelled in hazy mists,
with shadows making a pattern.
ugly and big, they followed me
through the depths of my mind's
inter linked alleys, hollow spaces
everywhere.

I have crawled in thorny wonderlands
in pretty skirts that tore apart
and bruised my legs.
You followed me there too,
like scurrying insects
waiting to suck on naked
flesh.

Never daring to reveal your form,
your soul or your existence;
imprisoning me in you.
i searched and searched
as day after day
monsters clobbered over,
making me
claustrophobic.



In the normalcy of the day-
its soothing, analeptic
sunlight,
the exertion of routineness,
in the impossibility of
excursiveness
i made a
beginning.

The heart still abandoned,
the mind scripted formulas
for intimacy for love for longing
for support, for possessiveness
for passion, intensity, desire
all in you, just
you.

In the midst of earthly ruts
rat races and celebrated contention,
my eyes moved like a prey search
and instinctively settled upon you.
you, who i knew nothing about
you who i knew was all there was
for that moment, minute, that very
second.

1 comment:

do turkeys enjoy thanksgiving? said...

one never realizes how sane he/she is lost in the monotony of his/her daily routine....i have been plagued by such shadows too...one is very lucky if one finds such a person who is between and beyond the extremes of this life.....i think i have....anyway a very reflective and intense poem!!!