Sunday, December 27, 2009

Awakening

Walking upto the windows shut,
opened in a momentary lapse;
the sun rays shoot in,
through closed lace curtains
of pale pure white and
intensify the wistful red
of my dress that flutters in
the trickling breeze like
gypsies tamed, while he
sleeps.

The light brightens,
glorifying the shades of my
dark dull skin,the reflection
like a never before appearance
and the light moves down in
gentle reassurance like the
experienced hand of tender touch
with its intention luminous,
desire stark and he sleeps,
unsuspecting.

My hair in electrified movement,
my fingers clutch the windows for
support and the wind blows, imprisoning
itself in me as I move to make
space for a multiplying spell that
binds me in dependable illusion..

I shut the windows and the darkness
storms in. He wakes for a cup of
coffee.

No comments: